Please sign in to post.

Hotel in Assisi

Rick recommends and several posters on Rick's best and worst accomodations, http://www.ricksteves.com/books/feedback/answers.cfm/rurl/topicid/2/pid/51/, liked Camere Annalisa Martini in Assisi. There is no website, though, and photos posted on Trip Advisor, http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187905-d484378-Reviews-Camere_Annalisa_Martini-Assisi_Umbria.html, put me off a little. I don't need the Ritz by any means and want local flavor, but I'd be reassured to hear from anyone who has stayed here. The price and location are great. Thanks for your feedback!

Posted by
316 posts

I stayed there for one night in late 2006. The room was a triple and looked like it had been outfitted with family "leftovers". There was no tv or telephone. And if I were going back to Assisi tomorrow, this is the place I would stay. We were greeted by Annalisa's mother who speaks no English but acted like we were long-lost relatives. It was like staying with family. The courtyard had flowers in pot, laundry on a small drying rack and oranges fresh from the tree lying on a table. It was close to the central part of Assisi and to one of Rick's recommended restaurants, Taverna de Consoli (I had one of the two best meals I've ever had in Italy there - beef with black truffles, unbelievable.)Of the places I've stayed in Italy, this is the one where I felt was closest to real Italian life. If you've traveled using Rick's recommendations before, this is just as he describes, only homier and friendlier.

Posted by
531 posts

My husband and I were in Assisi October 2007 and stayed at La Pallota and absolutely loved it! The rooms are in a 13th century building, are simply but nicely appointed and include breakfast and free internet. Stefano and his family could not be more accomodating. There are snacks in the breakfast area if you want something later in the day or evening and also a coffee, cappucino and tea macine as well as an honor bar as the family does not live in this building.

They also own Trattoria La Pallotta which I think is the best in town and reservations are a must. Guests at the hotel receive 10% off at the Trattoria.

We also had a car and Stefano showed us to their private parking area so we did not have to park in a lot nor did we have to drive in and out of the no traffic zones.

I highly recommend La Pallotta and Rick has it listed in his books as well. It was 65 euro a night.

Posted by
58 posts

We stayed at Camere Annalisa Martini 2 years ago. We really enjoyed it. Annalisa speaks english but her mother doesn't. Ananlisa works during the day so you will probably be dealing with her mother. We had a room with a shower, toilet and a balcony. There are also lots of cats running around. Lovely people, especially her mother, who did our laundry for us for 7E. I would definitely stay there again. It is just down 1 street and around the corner from the main square.

Posted by
934 posts

I also stayed at LaPalotta.It was one of our best in Italy.The owner is helpful,location good and the restaurant served a great meal.