Please sign in to post.

Hot Air Balloon Ride in Tuscany

I'm considering a hot air balloon ride in Tuscany for next year but I'm curious as to whether anyone has taken such a ride in Tuscany & whether you thought it was worth the money...it's pretty costly. Any input is appreciated.

Posted by
1319 posts

I haven't tried balloon ride in Tuscany, but we tried it a few years ago in Turkey (Cappadoccia) and it was a fantastic experience we still talk about.

The quiet (when they stop the flame) and the feeling of air in your face was like nothing I had experienced before :-) It was definitely worth the money for us - but Tuscany might be more expensive :-(

Posted by
1446 posts

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking it's probably worth while since a hot air balloon ride is on my bucket list. However, I could take one close to home in Temecula wine country for a lot less money but I'm thinking Tuscany might be more scenic. It really is a lot of money though. The company I'm looking at charges €280 per person & this seems pretty steep.

Posted by
1232 posts

I took one, but not in Tuscany. It was in South Florida, and not as expensive. However, it was an incredible experience! I would do it again if I could.

Think of it as a bucket list item! Being in the air was awesome, but to be over Tuscan countryside......
If you can afford it, go for it!

Posted by
7025 posts

We took a balloon ride in Napa Valley many years ago (at least 15 years) and even back then it was $250/per person so, with the normal increases over the intervening years I don't think it's an outrageous price. And it's Tuscany!

Posted by
84 posts

Everything is relative - as I recall, they were charging $450 for a ride during the mass ascension at the Albequerque Balloon Festival a couple of years ago. So, it may be a good deal depending on your perspective.