Please sign in to post.

Honeymoon

I'm planning a late June/early July honeymoon. My to be has only been to Ireland and I've been to a fair piece of Europe and loved my time in Italy, so that's where I want to go. We would leave on a Sunday, so Monday is spent landing in Milan and after a quick walk around, catch a train to Vernazza. Spend the next 3 days doing whatever we want there. Friday we catch a train to Florence via a couple hours in Pisa. Spend Friday and Saturday nights in Florence. Sunday, rent a car and stay at a small house in Tuscany (near Gaiole) where I've stayed before. We would spend 3 nights there. Including Sunday we would do a day trip to Siena, a day tasting wine, and a day doing something else. Wednesday we would drive down to Rome via Orvieto. The last 3 full days would then be spent in Rome. I don't think this is too ambitious. Cinque Terra will allow for some leisure to start, then some serious sightseeing in Florence, then a slow down (and laundry!) in Tuscany, then we hit Rome with our feet completely under us. Trains until Florence, then a car until Rome. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Posted by
632 posts

Only one suggestion...return your car rental in Orvieto, not Rome...train down to Rome and avoid the traffic and the hassel. Other than that, you have a good itinerary and a realistic expectation of what you can do.

Posted by
26 posts

Thanks for that great suggestion! I don't suppose you have any thoughts on a few places for very romantic meals?