Please sign in to post.

Holy Week In Rome 2013

Hi there! My family and I are flying to Rome from Paris on the 24th of March 2013, which conicidentally is already the start of the Holy Week. We will be staying in Rome for 8 days and leaving for the Philippines on the 31st of March. I would really appreciate your help in crtiquing whether the itinirary that i made below is doable especially during Holy Week. I have marked the sights that are musts sees (based on Rick Steve's 2011 Rome Guidebook) with an "X" (My family consists of 50-something parents and 20-something kids that have no problems walking around Rome) SUN March 1 24 Fly to Italy (CDG - FCO) Explore Neighborhood (Apartment is at Trevi area) Spanish Steps XX Ara Pacis XXX Pantheon Spanish Steps Palm Sunday Mass X Trevi Fountain MON March 2 25 XXX Colisseum X Arch of constantine XXX Roman Forum LUNCH XX Palatine hill (Circus Maximus) X Capitol hill Imperal Forum DINNER TUE March 11 26 Vittorio Emanuele Monument XXX National museum of rome (am) X Baths diocletian St. Peter in Chains Sky Elevator WED March 12 27 X Castel D'Angelo XXX Borghese gallery, Sta. Maria del Popolo Maundy Thursday 13 28 XXX Vatican Museum XXX St. Peter's Basilica Good Friday 14 29 Ostia Antica / Other Day trips? Black SAT 15 30 Holy Stairs / Appian Way? Easter Sunday 16 31 Leave for Manila Thank you in advance!
Maam

Posted by
36 posts

We were in Rome last year during holy week and had a great time! We attended Palm Sunday mass at the vatican and would highly reccomend it. You would have to get tickets, of course, but you still have plenty of time to do so. I guess wether or not you could go would depend on what time your flight got in. I think we were there by nine. The holy stairs are traditionally ascended during the fridays of lent, so if I were you I would move that to Good Friday.
Have a great time!

Posted by
27 posts

Thank you for your feedback! Ill move the schedule for the Holy Steps on Friday instead. :)