Please sign in to post.

Hiking in the Dolomites

We will be travelling from Venice to Dolomites (will have car) to hike for about 5 days at the beginning of October. Any recommendations for mulitday (hut to hut) hikes or spectacular day hikes? Suggestions for places to stay, ie. towns, inns?
Thanks.

Jan

Posted by
1 posts

I just got on this site to ask a similar question, although we won't have a car and will be staying in Bolzano per Rick's suggestion. Can anyone give us some good hiking ideas? Will it be REALLY chilly there? (We're coming from Lake Como and Florence, heading for Venice. We are not strong hikers, but we want to get into the countryside and experience Italy out doors. Thanks everybody. .. This is our first posting>

Posted by
13 posts

Hi Eileen,
Let me know if you come up with anything. I have searched but cannot seem to find out much information about the refugios (whether or not they will be open) and/or other accomodations.
Jan

Posted by
3551 posts

Lucky you to visit this gorgeous area. We did not hike the area but drove it alot. There is def. a seasonal schedule in this area so best try a tourist board or try Castelrotto (a town) tourist info. You def should have lodging planned ahead.

Posted by
1167 posts

Most of the huts also close in mid-September.