Please sign in to post.

Hiking in the Dolomites

I'm looking for a good source of information on hiking in the Dolomites - trails, sources for maps, great hikes you've been on etc. I'm particularly interested in hiking near the Tre Cime di Lavaredo/Drei Zinnen. As I understand it there are some trails/viewpoints in the area that allow you to get some excellent views of them. I'd love to hear any recommendations for hikes on the Seiser alm/Alpe di Siusi as well.

Posted by
16318 posts

I haven't been to the Tre Cime area, but two of my favorite hikes in the world are from Alpe di Siusi: the hike up to Bolzanohütte from Compatsch, and the circuit around Sasso Longo and Sasso Piatto from Saltria (or Gardena Pass or several other starting points.) either can be turned into a 2-day walk if you like; there are huts on both routes. for maps, I don't know of an on-line source; I bought mine on arrival there. For guidebooks, Cicerone Guides publish at least two, "Walking in the Dolomites" and "Shorter Walks in the Dolomites", both my Gillian Price and both available from amazon.com.