Please sign in to post.

help with itinerary

We are planning a trip to Italy in September. We have a total of 18 days not including flight to and from. We are spending 5 nights in Rome, & 3 nights in Venice. Our son wants to visit Modena because of the Ferrari's. We realize we aren't able to visit the factory but is the museum worth it & should we stay in Modena? We are then travelling to Tuscany & then to the Amalfi coast. Any suggestions?

Posted by
61 posts

I'm doing similar research because my husband wants to tour the Ducati Factory in Bologna- not too far away. I found a tour company that has a variety of tours that combine the Ferrari museum with the Lamborghini museum and factory, Ducati motorcycle factory and museum and Pagnini factory, and others. You can also combine with food stops in the area (Parmgiano reggiano making, balsamic vinegar, etc)

If you were going to stay in Modena, this group may have interesting options for you:

www.motorstars.org

Posted by
23 posts

Thanks...I did think about including the cheese and vinegar tours. I will check out the website you suggested. I think staying in or around Modena might be best...guess I will need 2 days in the area.