Please sign in to post.

Help! Do we need an adapter for devices to be powered by cig. lighter?

We're leaving for Italy tomorrow. We're bringing our Garmin and want to use the plug (aka cig lighter) in our rental car. Do I need a special adapter in Italy? Does it just plug in as it does here or do I need to get something at radio Shack? Thanks.

Posted by
4555 posts

Same 12 volt auto system, so same cigarette type plugin....just make sure your car has a cigarette lighter...many do not these days.

Posted by
3 posts

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I got one story from Hertz and another when I called back a second time to be sure. Radio Shack never heard of such a thing. Thanks.