Please sign in to post.

Heart of Italy Tour April 12, 2012

I received an email from "Save Vernazza" that I am a winner of this month's fundraising drive. They will give me a tour of the city as a prize. DID ANYONE ELSE RECEIVE THIS EMAIL? I would love to coordinate the train ride to Vernazza and have us all tour together.

Posted by
32209 posts

karan, Congratulations! No, I didn't receive the E-mail so I assume I didn't win. Happy travels!

Posted by
32757 posts

Did you enter any contest? Or is this phishing? Don't pay any money to "claim" your "prize". Or it may be on the level. I'd be highly skeptical.

Posted by
2 posts

No..no..this is not a scam. Rick Steves informed us of a couple of websites to contact if we wanted to connect with groups that are legitimate and are helping to "Save Vernazza". They had a terrible mudslide a year ago and are hoping to have it all cleaned up and repaired by Easter this year. It definitely is a very real situation. I did donate some money to a group that graciously offered (once a month winners) a free tour. I DID sign up with Rick Steves' "Heart of Italy" tour this year and have coordinated with the organization to meet with them for a free tour on April 15th. I was so hoping that more people on our tour would be winners also...or, that I might entice some people to join me on my tour. I cannot have a big group ...only a few for this kind gesture.

Posted by
260 posts

Maybe contact R. Steve's tour office and see if they are willing to contact other tour members on your behalf? Good for you in donating. My husband and I stayed in Vernazza on a R. Steves tour and it was a beautiful place.