Please sign in to post.

Heart of Italy Tour

This has to do with the Heart of Italy tour with 2 nights in Cinque Terre. Does anyone know if you are allowed to leave some of your luggage on the bus for the two nights in Cinque Terre. I understand it is somewhat of a hike from the train station to the hotel and it would be nice if we could just bring one of our two backpacks.

Posted by
8399 posts

When I took this tour we were not allowed to leave any luggage on the bus as it went off on other jobs during those days. In fact, we had a different bus and a different driver afterwards. I don’t know if it always works like that, but I would not count on leaving luggage.

We wheeled our luggage to the hotel, but the guide arranged for our luggage to be taken to the station on the day of departure. I think this completely up to the guide. I’d start there, a few days before this stop and talk to the guide about possible porter arrangements. It is worth a try. Plan B, if you really want an alternative, is send one person with several people’s luggage ahead in a taxi. They wait with the luggage at the drop off point until the rest of the group shows up.

There is a lot of walking distances with your bags on this tour. All the hotels were a good distance from where a bus could load and unload. Quite frankly, I would make sure you are packing light enough that this is not a burden. There was an older couple on our tour that really struggled with the hills and the hauling. The rest of us helped them out but I know we all wished that they had not brought such huge suitcases.