Please sign in to post.

Having trouble booking with Trenitalia

Hi! I've been having trouble booking a ticket from Rome to Naples. It says "no travel solution selected" when I click on the tickets I'm trying to purchase. I've tried for multiple days and journeys. Any idea what's going on?

Posted by
2454 posts

You could try looking it up for much sooner, just to get a rough idea of departure times.

Posted by
23278 posts

The schedule is posted in roughly six months pattern twice a year. So if you are outside of the six month window, you will get the no solution message. Also what site are you using?

Posted by
3812 posts

The schedules are posted up the next seasonal timetable change, the next one will happen on June 10 in 2023. Trenitalia will start uploading the new schedules around late April/early May, beginning with high speed trains. The slow local trains with fixed fares are uploaded last.

Nobody else can get tickets, don't worry. While waiting, you could subscribe to Italotreno's newsletter. When Italotreno starts mailing summer discount codes you can bet Trenitalia is opening the summer bookings.

when I click on the tickets

I hope you are on the official www.trenitalia.com/en.html site, because I don't get what you mean with "click on the tickets". When you open the drop-down menu "starting from XYZ €" the site selects the lowest fare for that train. After you can only click CONTINUE.

More, when you enter a day of travel after June 10 the official site says "No travel solution found" not selected.

Posted by
1 posts

Hi - I'm also trying to book a direct train from Florence to Milan in June. I'm seeing prices and available seats, including ones that are "sold out" or "few remaining." It automatically chose the lowest rate when I selected the route. I clicked "continue" and got a pop-up that says "Attention: no travel solution selected." It seems like the new timetables are out because the times shifted from when I looked them up a month ago. Is it still too early to book?

Posted by
32791 posts

did you get as far as naming the passengers? It is working for me

Posted by
27138 posts

It's probably a website issue, but you can try these techniques, which occasionally work:

• Use a different browser.
  • Use a different device (PC, tablet or smartphone).
  • Install the Trenitalia app and try to buy your tickets there.

The company Italo also runs fast trains between Rome and Naples. You could try buying Italo tickets. The website is https://www.italotreno.it/en. I assume Italo also has an app.

Posted by
808 posts

As everyone says it's probably not posted yet but also be aware if you are using the Italian version of the site - even in English - be sure you're using the Italian names of the cities Roma and Napoli respectively. If the website doesn't autocomplete the name of the place you're looking for it won't work.

Good luck,
=Tod

Posted by
3812 posts

Is it still too early to book?

No, it isn't. This has nothing to do with the summer timetable change, the June schedules of high speed trains were uploaded months ago, when you see fares selling out the bookings are open and have being open for a while. It's not too early, it's getting too late to buy the few discounted tickets.

ashmfoster, in the First place: the official site is https://www.trenitalia.com/en.html check you are using it and not a re-seller's site.

I assume you are looking on a desktop PC for one-way Freccia-something direct trains. Going from Firenze SM Novella to Milano Centrale. You first pick a departure time, then a fare and finally you click continue. At this point you should see a pop up asking you to authenticate or to purchase without logging in.

If you are not using a desktop pc, Try to push a different fare before clicking continue.