Please sign in to post.

Has anyone used this site before?

Visiting Venice for the first time in October. Looking to book a secret itineraries tour at Doge's Palace. Came across this site, just want to make sure it's reputable... Has anyone booked with it before? http://palazzoducale.visitmuve.it

Seems like an official site but I want to confirm with you guys. Thanks!!

Posted by
29 posts

They are asking for my passport number to book thanks why I'm hesitant. But I guess it's their official site?

Posted by
20258 posts

That is totally normal in Italy. Nobody can do anything bad to you if they have your passport number. Credit card number is a different story, but then you have to give that out if you want to buy anything on-line.

Posted by
290 posts

Your passport is your form of identification when you are traveling, so it's normal they ask for the number.

Actually, in order to do invoices for foreigners passport number is always needed.

I would not worry

Posted by
261 posts

The reason for supplying the passport number (for foreigners) has to do with Italian taxation when commissions are involved in the transaction. Vivaticket is required to issue a commission invoice if the total price paid includes service fees, which it does. This is the Italian tax code at work, and it's a bit complicated to fully understand. In a nutshell, the passport number acts as a tax code for foreign customer transactions, keeping each transaction documented and accounted for.

Posted by
29 posts

Thank you all! After reading your posts I felt confident in booking so I did so. I really don't know how I'd plan this vk without you all! Speaking of that.... I'm about to post another topic so if you all have anything to continue please do!
Hope to hear from you soon,
Lauren