Please sign in to post.

hairdryers

Do the hotesl in Italy ususally have hairdryers in the rooms?

Posted by
166 posts

As hotels vary, hard to be definitive. But in my experience, yes, they typically do. Best thing is to call your hotel and ask, though.

Posted by
99 posts

While some of the hotels have hairdryers that are typical American style, others provide what looks like a vacuum cleaner hose. It's a bit cumbersome and takes getting used to.

Posted by
11 posts

Jerry, I agree with the last posterI am in Italy right now in a "4 star" hotel for work and there is a vacuum cleaner looking hose type hair dryer in my bathroom (which I have not used). I suggest that you email the hotel and ask, and if they do not have one, purchase a Euro style one when you arrive, if it's something you can't live without for your travels. From my experience, (I have long hair), using a US dryer with all the necessary electrical adaptors is somewhat difficult; the speed and heat are slowed way down and you can fry your appliance very quickly. We own a small Euro one now and it folds up nicely for easy packing.

Posted by
199 posts

Jerry, we always stay in Rick Steves places in Italy, and they almost uniformly have hairdryers in the bathroom. On those rare occasions when they haven't, we've asked at the front desk, and they've provided one. Because of that, we never carry a hairdryer with us in Europe.

Posted by
833 posts

I also encourage you to ask your hotels about this so you can be certain. Some do, some don't. I also want to second Lyn's advice to buy an Italian hairdryer if one is not provided. You will not risk blowing your dryer or your converter, and you can find them for relatively cheap. I do not blow-dry my hair, but I do straighten it with a flat iron I bought here and have been pleased with it.

Posted by
7737 posts

Great idea about asking at the front desk. They don't want your appliances shorting out their electrics either, so I imagine most places would have one you could borrow.