Please sign in to post.

Guide Books

Which one? We are going to Rome and then Tuscany. There are several out there (Florence and Tuscany...Hill Towns) Any suggestions for the best ones?

Thanks,
Juli

Posted by
24 posts

We are going to spend just a day in Florence, but 6 days in the rest of Tuscany. Will the Florence Tuscany book provide me with enough information on the hill towns? Thanks!

Posted by
32212 posts

Juli,

Since you're going to be both in Rome and Tuscany, you have several choices. Pick whichever option seems most appropriate for the type of touring you'll be doing. You could use either:

1.) The Italy Guidebook, which provides a good overview of both Rome and Tuscany, including the hill towns. If you only want to travel with one book, this would be a good choice.

2.) The Rome Guidebook, which provides a more comprehensive look at Rome, including all the major attractions as well as day trips. If used in conjunction with the Florence & Tuscany book, you'd have all the detail needed for touring those specific areas. Of course, this would mean hauling two books around.

Happy travels!

Posted by
24 posts

Thanks! Now we just have to see if AmazonJapan has the books.

Juli

Posted by
15589 posts

My friends and I find the DK Top 10 books invaluable. They focus on sightseeing, not restaurants or hotels. They give enough information to decide what is likely to interest you. And best of all, they are small and easy to carry with you.

Posted by
1322 posts

I like a combination of RS books and Lonely Planet. I have found the Lonely Planet "Tuscany & Umbria" book invaluable. The beginning of my trip is with a RS tour but thereafter, I am focusing on Tuscany and portions of Umbria. That is why I liked the Lonely Planet guide. I like the RS guides because their maps are easier to read.