Please sign in to post.

Going to Italy in June 2011 want to rent a Villa/Tuscany Area

We are planning a trip for 12 to Rome (4days) and then to a villa in Tuscany area (7 days). From there we hope to do day trips or just hang out and relax. We have been talking to Rentvillas.com for the villa. Any suggestions??

Posted by
784 posts

homeaway.com has nice apartments and great photos of them.

Posted by
9 posts

Hi Judy, Our group of 8 stayed the month of May at Podere Vignola (poderevignola.com), an agritourismo in Sieci, just 10 kms (6 miles) from downtown Florence in the hills of Chianti. The Podere, or old farm house, has been totally renovated and is comprised of 4 apartments that each sleep anywhere from 4 to 8 people. The setting is in the vineyards of Frescobaldi, with pool and absolutely fabulous views of the Tuscan country side. From there, we visited Florence, Rome, Bologna, Venice, Pisa, Lucca, Arezzo etc all by train and all within 2 hours of Florence. If you just want to chill, you will be hard pressed to beat the shear beauty of the hilly surroundings of the Podere. It is like living in a movie "Under the Tuscan Sun". Enjoy Louis

Posted by
3 posts

Loius I love the poderevignola site. We will be contacting the. Thank you so much.

Posted by
3 posts

Henry the slowtravel site has been intersting and I think will be helpful. Thank you

Posted by
211 posts

I agree that Agritourism is the way to go. In Chianti (between Castellinni in Chianti and Montriggioni) try Lilliano, producer of a very good Chianti Classico and has 3 or 4 houses on their property. In Montalcino, try accomodations at one of the great Brunello vineyards like Argiano or Il Poggione. They both have places that will take a group.

Posted by
559 posts

Hi Judy, I have several friends and we are all thinking of renting a villa next year as well. One of my friends works in association with a travel agency and he recommended that we check out www.parkervillas.com. They are based out of Massachusetts and he has had several dealings with them. They also had a mention in the March 2010 Budget Travel magazine issue, so I assume they must have a good reputation. I have checked out their website before and it looks quite professional. They seem to have several options for larger parties as well. HTH.