Please sign in to post.

Getting to the airport

My wife and I have a really early flight out of Milan's Malpensa Airport and are wondering if we can get there from the center of town without using a taxi. Our flight is at 6:45 a.m. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The last schedules we read suggested that shuttles or trains only traveled as last as midnight or so. Sincerely, Bill Gelber

Posted by
46 posts

We flew out of Malpensa around the same time. We elected to stay at the Holiday Inn Express at the airport. The shuttle to the airport started at 5:30 am. There is also an airport bus that runs between the 2 terminals and is a short walk from the hotel. I think if you push the hotel, the shuttle could come as early as 5:00 since as we were checking out and going to walk to the airport bus, someone else had arranged for the shuttle. We got to the airport no later than 5:15 am and with no luggage to check, were thru security an at the gate in less than 10 minutes after we got there. No lines anywhere and security was more relaxed than US. No one even asked to see identification or boarding passes until we were boarding the plane. There is another hotel right at the airport, but I think it is pricey.
I think you'd need to get up pretty early if you stayed in the center of town. Its a 45 min ride from town center. Malpensa Express leaves from Cadorna station at 4:58 am and arrives the airport at 5:34. I think the earliest train from Centrale station is 5:25 am arriving at 6:13.

Posted by
1633 posts

I would also stay close to the airport. Check prices for the Best Western Jet Hotel. They also have a shuttle to the airport. The Best Western chain is a lot nicer in Europe than here in the States.

Posted by
323 posts

Another vote for the Best Western. Book early with no refund for cancellation.
We booked two months in advance for 68euros Spring of 2010. We knew we were leaving out of Malpensa so we did not feel we would have to cancel our reservations. And if we did, loosing 68euros would have been the least of our worries since we had reservations at many places throughout Italy for a two month stay.