Please sign in to post.

Getting Married in Italy

My fiance and I have both been married before and both had the big hometown weddings. We've decided that, rather than spend $30k PLUS on that whole rigamarole, this time we we'd rather just run off to Italy and tie the knot! Neither of us have ever been to Italy before, but it is #1 on the travel wish list for both of us. (I have traveled extensively in Europe and the US.)

We are thinking of October/early November. There are SOOOO many beautiful locations in Italy but we've pretty much got it narrowed down to Florence or Tuscany or Venice. We will be having a civil ceremony. (On a side note...most Italian wedding planner websites I've seen say that you can't have a "legal" ceremony (civil or religious) anywhere except a town hall. I've found a wedding planner website that says that you CAN do that...and that they are the only wedding planners who can do it. www.weddingsitaly.com)

Has anyone gotten married in any of these locations? If so, I'd LOVE some recommendations and any advice you could give me. Also, if anyone has experience with Weddings in Italy wedding planners, I'd love to hear about that, too. I've read good things on this website about Kelly at www.theitalianweddingplanner.com. I sent her an email last week but have not heard back from her.

Grazie!

Posted by
14 posts

Joanne- I see where you emailed my privately but for some reason the website won't let me open my email. It just keeps asking me for my login info and then NOTHING! GRRRR! So could you post your response publicly for me? THANK YOU!
Teresa

Posted by
1 posts

Hi,
we are having an outdoor civil wedding this summer in Lake Garda. There are only a few town halls that allow you to get married outdoors. We decided on a medieval castle looking out over the lake where you can get married on one of the towers. We are then going to travel by boat to a romantic hotel away from the buzz of tourists. (LOCANDA SAN VIGILIO)

I was surprised to read what you said about Kelly as she is our wedding planner, and has been exceptional. Every e-mail she has replied to, and we have been able to relax and let her get on with planning every aspect of our wedding, she has even helped us with our honeymoon travelling round Italy.

If you have not already resent your e-mail, I would do so now because if you are thinking of getting married this September I know they only agree to organise a certain number of weddings at any one time, and I highly recommend the personal service we have received.

Keep me posted on where you decide to get married!

Jane