Please sign in to post.

Getting from Piazza Cavour to the Colosseum.

Hi - we have transport from our hotel to the Castel S.Angelo area but need help getting from there to the colosseum and back. Any ideas? Thank you!!

Posted by
3167 posts

Bus #87 will get you there from Piazza Cavour in about 20 minutes. I don't understand why you need transportation to the Castel since it's a pleasant 7-8 minute walk from the Piazza. Don't hesitate to go on foot to some of your destinations because the walk will immerse you in the fabric of the Eternal City,

Posted by
20158 posts

Right off hand, I'd this is a case to use a taxi. Its is only about a mile as the crow flies. It could also be a nice walk if you're up to it. Also, from Piazza Cavour, looks like the 87 bus will get you there. The bus stop for the direction to the Colosseum is half a block north of Piazza Cavour on the west side of Via Cicerone.

Posted by
490 posts

If staying at a hotel...your front desk will have a local map for free and can advise you. I am assuming you will be going other places in Rome as well, no?

If you go up to the TOP exit of the Colosseum metro station exit you can see over the whole area from up high...very nice...good photo opportunities and a nice cafe too.