Please sign in to post.

Friends of the Uffizi Membership

Does anyone know anything about the Friends of the Uffizi Membership? I read on slowtrav.com that this pass cost 40 euro (I am under 26) and gets you free entrance to the Uffizi Gallery and the State Museums in Florence. It includes access to the following:

* The Uffizi Gallery (entrance No. 2)
* Accademia Gallery
* Pitti Palace (Palatina Gallery e Royal Apartments, Gallery of Modern Art, Costume Gallery, Silver Museum, Porcelain Museum, Boboli Gardens)
* San Marco Museum
* Bargello Museum
* Medici Chapels (San Lorenzo)
* Palazza Davanzati Museum
* Cenacolo by Sant'Andrea del Sarto (Refectory of the Santo Spirito Church)
* Medici Villa La Petraia
* Medici Villa at Poggio a Caiano
* The garden of Villa Medicea di Castello
* Villa Medicea di Cerreto Guidi and Historical Museum of Hunting and
* Cenacolo of Ognissanti
* Cenacolo of Andrea del Sarto
* Cenacolo of Fuligno
* Cenacolo of Sant’Apollonia
* The Cloisters of the Scalzo

Also I read that once you have your membership card, you do not need reservations nor do you need to stand in line. You simply go to the front of the line, show your membership card and you are admitted into the museum.
Is this true? It seems like it would be a good deal but I searched online and have had trouble finding out more information.

I went to the Friends of the Uffizi website at http://www.amicidegliuffizi.it/homenglish.html and I see where you can fill out a form to become a member, but it isn't clear where I get this pass. Do they mail it to you, and if so how long does it take to arrive?

Does anyone know anymore information about this pass?

Thanks so much for any help.

Posted by
10344 posts

Here's a short link to the only time this has come up here: click