Please sign in to post.

Frankfurt Layover

I have a 9 hour layover in the Frankfurt airport before my flight to Florence. Has anyone recently had experience with being able to find a quiet place to nap? I have read there are "sleeping chairs" near my gate but would love some first hand knowledge of this area as I am traveling alone and wonder about security of my carryon items. Thanks in advance!

Posted by
247 posts

Frankfurt airport. my favorite topic. just kidding. yes there are nap chairs quite comfortable ones near the gates. the gates atleast on T1 are spread out so it should be relatively less noisy (but not quiet). just put the strap of your personal stuff on your hand while you sleep. i doubt anyone would risk running away with your big bag near a gate. there are other passengers resting in this area and enough activity of people and airport staff for security. there can be a lot of walking at FRA, just be prepared.

Posted by
109 posts

Thanks Shaun Kel...I have been to Frankfurt airport many times but usually with almost no time to catch my connection...it's a rat maze. I will only have a laptop bag and small day bag so maybe will have the straps around my neck..hahaha. If I didn't have to check a bag, I was going to try to get on an earlier flight but have to check a bag with Lufthansa carryon weight limitations...A nap would be nice after a long flight from US. thanks again.