Please sign in to post.

Fragrance Free Rooms

Looking for Allergy Friendly Rooms in Venice.
We have respiratory allergies to fragrances in laundry products, carpet cleaning chemicals, room "fresheners", soaps, lotions, etc.
Hoping to get recommendations from others who have located "friendly" places to stay.
Thanks very much.

Posted by
1046 posts

I don't have a direct answer for you but how about asking your allergy doctor for any leads? I should think (hope) allergists would have access to that information. Lots of good luck. Venice is an amazing place and I hope your allergies don't limit your visit!

Posted by
11613 posts

Have you looked at booking sites? Send a question to the booking site if you cannot find the information on the site itself. Or google "allergy-free hotels Venice" and see what comes up - many hotels with special amenities will have them on their web page or cross-list them with booking sites/blogs.

Posted by
2454 posts

You might want to look into guest houses run by monasteries and convents, through monasterystays.com - the places tend to be very plain and simple, thus, perhaps, avoiding use of the things to which you are allergic. Monasterystays.com could make the necessary inquiries on your behalf to verify this.

Posted by
7036 posts

I'm not sure you're going to be able to find hotel rooms completely devoid of all the substances you name in your post. You could possibly travel with a portable air purifier (if you don't already), some of them are quite small. If you don't have one you might want to check that out. Here is one website that offers them: http://www.allergybuyersclub.com/portable-air-purifiers.html. However I don't know if that will suffice for your particular situation. Good luck.

Posted by
7737 posts

I don't know if this will help. I'm sensitive but not allergic to fragrances and we stayed recently at Casa Rezzonico B&B in Venice and I don't remember any fragrances. (Plus it was a delightful place to stay.)

Good luck.

Posted by
16312 posts

We did not specifically search for "fragrance-free" rooms but I did choose a nice Venice hotel with hardwood floors (no carpet or rug) in the room:

http://mobile.lacalcina.com/rooms.php

The windows could be opened, so if there had been any lingering fragrance from cleaning products we could have aired out the room. Fortunately there was none.

The toiletries were provided in sealed packages and we simply did not open them.