Please sign in to post.

Food Tours

Hello,
I’m seeing a lot of travelers are doing food tours of Campo Di Fiori, Jewish Ghetto & Trastevere all on the same night. Could those of you who have done this tour please tell me what you thought of it. Is the food simply appetizers? Are there wines or cocktails included? Could you recommend a company that offers this type of tour? Thanks so much!

Posted by
1894 posts

I am doing a Trastevere food tour in October (https://devourtours.com/tours/rome-trastevere-gourmet-food-wine-tour/). I don't know about a tour that includes all the areas you mention, but Devour has a good reputation. They say about this tour:

Enjoy a full, delicious dinner across 5 of Trastevere’s best bars and restaurants

So that doesn't sound like simply appetizers.

Sorry I can't tell you about any other food tours in Rome.

Posted by
7026 posts

The Eating Europe tours that we have taken have all been fantastic with way too much food!

I am not sure which areas they offer now but you can’t go wrong with any of their tours

Try EATWELL10 for a discount- used to work, been a while since I used it

Posted by
720 posts

I know Eating Rome’s newest tour covers these three areas. We did their Testaccio tour in May, which was fantastic with SO much food, plus lots of wine and even a beer. Im sure their other tours are excellent, as well. I preferred the Testaccio tour because it got us away from the crowds of tourists you’ll find everywhere in Campo de Fiori and Trestevere.

Posted by
177 posts

Thank you for your responses! It sounds like it’s an interesting tour but way too much food! I’m going to check it out though!! ❤️