Please sign in to post.

Food Tour in Rome

I enjoy a good food tour as a way to explore a new city or neighborhood, and as a way to sample local dishes. Has anyone taken a really good food tour in Rome, where I will start my trip to Italy in Rome?

Posted by
6049 posts

Eating Europe tours are all very good

We enjoyed the Trastevere am tour.
Others here recommend the twilight tours.

Posted by
951 posts

I agree with Christine, the Eating Italy tours are excellent.

Posted by
8 posts

I've taken a few food tours with Eating Europe, in Florence and Rome. The Trastevere AM tour was great. I think any tour you choose with Eating Europe will be worth the time and money.

Posted by
585 posts

I did the Eating Europe Testaccio tour some years ago. Great food in an old, interesting, anduntouisty area of Rome.

Posted by
2252 posts

Another vote for any of the eating italy tours. I have been on both the Trastevere and Testaccio tours. Both were wonderful! Plenty of wonderful food, drink, information and history along the way.

Posted by
437 posts

This was not a walking tour, but was a fantastic food and wine tasting - the food and wine dinner at Rimessa Roscioli. We did Rick's walking tour by ourselves all afternoon and then headed over for the early seating. We were with one other couple and the food and wine was terrific. The meal took a couple of hours and included explanations.

Posted by
879 posts

Another vote for Eating Italy, particularly Twilight Trastavere. I also recommend going as early in your stay as possible, they provide a great overview of Roman cuisine and good tips that can inform the rest of your Roman experience.

Posted by
118 posts

We loved the Eating Europe Twilight Trastevere tour so much that we did it twice! Once on each of our last 2 visits to Rome. I would highly recommend this company. We are planning on trying a different Eating Europe tour on our next trip to Rome in April.

Also, if you check on Black Friday, Eating Europe usually runs a great sale on both the tours and on gift certificates.

Posted by
215 posts

I recommend Maria Pasquale (she's on Instagram if you'd like to follow her), Elizabeth Minchilli (also on Instagram and can follow her too) both do food tours as well as Katie Parla. I picked most of the restaurants based on their suggestions and was not disappointed, all are authors and have books out too.

Posted by
11156 posts

BuyElizabeth Minichili’s EAT ROME app for $4.99, lots of good info on restaurants, shops.