Please sign in to post.

Florence/ Venice

We are planning to go to Florence for 3 nights and Venice for 2 in Late September. Recommendations please for a nice hotel central and also must see things and places to eat.

Posted by
973 posts

I would start by purchasing the RS guidebook for Italy. He does a nice job of listing the “must see” and ranking them. He also has a list of hotels and restaurants. Easy to read and follow.

There are so many hotels, that it might be better to list your budget. In Venice, do you want to be on the Grand Canal? More money.

I always google Trip Advisors and look that way. This time in Venice we are staying at Hotel Flora, as it meets our needs for having to book 2 rooms and being closer to the busiest place. But Venice is small enough, it really doesn’t matter.

Posted by
17 posts

We used to work with these guys - I no longer really book Florence hotels but still very happy to recommend them:

https://www.antichedimorefiorentine.it/en/

As for things to see, beyond the obvious (Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio) I would recommend the Boboli gardens behind Pitti Palace - and the Galleria Palatina in the Pitti Palace. The Masaccio Frescoes in the Brancacci chapel are beautiful - and the Bargello museum is definitely worth a trip!