Please sign in to post.

Florence: upcoming state museum worker's strike 4/4 and 4/5/2015

I just pulled up the Firenze Card website to check something for a member, and this notice popped up:

"We would like to inform you that the workers of the additional services of the state museums, who manage also the ticket offices, have proclaimed for next 4th and 5th April a strike. This could cause some inconveniences and total or partial closure of the museums. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you!"

I haven't been able to determine if this affects ALL Italian state museums across the country so if anyone sees that information, please share?

Posted by
15799 posts

Thanks Terri Lynn! Guess we'll keep an eye on it and see what happens?

Posted by
32704 posts

That's Italy for you. It is usually not worth getting your knickers in a twist if a strike is announced. It is best to stay alert, keep on top of announcements and wait for a resolution. Many strikes are settled, and many that are not settled have less than complete effect. That's what that phrase "could cause ... total or partial closure" is all about.

I'm glad that this is one less thing for our visitors to have to worry about.

Happy Easter!!

Posted by
15799 posts

That's Italy for you.

Isn't THAT true, Nigel.
And a happy Easter to you too!

Posted by
8035 posts

Just be warned that if you buy a ticket and enter a museum and then everyone walks out on strike an hour later, you now have lost the value of that ticket. Been there, done that. So it is important to read the signs and announcements about strikes.