Please sign in to post.

Florence to Paris

Hoping for some help on a May 2024 flight from Florence to Paris, on a Saturday. It appears, at this time, that non stop flights to Paris (either CDG or Orly) are very limited and expensive.

Will airfare tend to increase or decrease on these flights in the next few months (they currently are priced at over $350)?

How early should one arrive to the Florence Airport before the flight for France - is one hour and 1/2 enough time?

Lastly, how long does it take to exit the flight/exit the airport after arriving in Orly or CDG? We plan on catching a taxi to a train station (Saint Lazare) to board a train to Bayeux and would have about an hour and 1/2 to make the train.

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Posted by
7024 posts

No way to predict flight costs
If you see a price you like now, book and don’t look back
Arriving 2 hours pre flight is recommended

It’s at least an hour drive from Orly to Lazare-depends on traffic-so 1.5 hours is not nearly enough time.

Are you checking bags?

Posted by
20 posts

No checked luggage, carry on only. Thank you...you did confirm my initial thoughts about cost and timing.

Posted by
15868 posts

Check at a later date and see, but there is no guarantee.
90 min ahead of a Intra European flight in Florence is sufficient, it’s a small airport.
Never flown to Orly, but from CDG to Gare Du Nord it’s about 40 min. Then you need to go from there to St Lazare by bus, metro, or taxi. Or you can take a taxi from the airport and be there maybe in 40 min depending on traffic. However 90 minutes from landing to train is very optimistic because CDG is big and it takes time from deplaning to getting out.

Posted by
7267 posts

Flights from nearby Pisa can be much cheaper, and getting to that airport is easy. Check both Florence and Pisa.

Posted by
10034 posts

Orly is a lot closer to the city, and as a smaller airport can be easier to get out of (but ironically the taxi line can be waaaaaay longer than at CDG).

Conversely, CDG is more on the right (north) side of Paris for Gare St Lazare, where the trains to Bayeux depart from.

I don't know that you could be sure to make it in an hour and a half from either airport though (and that is assuming an one-time arrival.

Posted by
7267 posts

Oh, I missed the bit on trying to catch a train from St Lazare 90 minutes after landing. Sorry, that is mission impossible, as we say here. 2h15min would be the minimum I'd be comfortable with without checked luggage, and more like 3+ hours if attempting to catch the last train of the day!
And yes, the taxi line at Orly is a pain - I never waited less than 10 minutes.

Posted by
372 posts

Hello fabb4lvr,

We just returned from a long anticipated trip to Normandy, Paris, Florence then Ortisei. We went from Paris to Florence via train and it worked out perfectly. Yes, it was a little longer than a flight, but we figured the hours getting to airport and waiting, then landing and getting back into the city, training was our preferred way of travel. We got to see some beautiful sites along the way and it was very relaxing. We bought our tickets a few months ahead of time and the cost was inexpensive (also compared to flying when you “buy your seat” and pay for luggage).
We had our tickets digitally and also printed them, just in case and everything worked great. The trains had plenty of storage for our luggage (we do travel light) and there was no stress at all. Just an option.

Posted by
5330 posts

Marie- you might re read the original post. They are going to Paris FROM Florence. And once there need to catch a train to Bayeux the same day. I doubt that taking a train from Florence would allow them to do that.

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you all for your suggestions/advice. We will be adjusting our schedule to ensure we have enough time to catch the train in Paris.