Please sign in to post.

Florence, Tickets

Most likely we will purchase Duomo and Academia Gallery in advance.

What if we walk around and we want to see small museums , can we buy tickets last minute on the same day without long line?

Posted by
1759 posts

When I visited Florence, there were no lines to get in to any other museums. I believe in the RS Florence and Tuscany guidebook, he offers suggestions on how to time your visits to various museums and churches in order to avoid crowds. For instance, if you decide you want to climb up the Duomo, you should get there a little before it opens to be among the first in. But in general you shouldn't have any problem visiting any other sites in Florence at the spur of the moment.

[Edit] Sorry I misread your question. You may not need advance tickets for the Duomo. You definitely need them for the Uffizi. It was the Uffizi and the Accademia that were the only museums with lines. Buying your ticket in advance for these two museums is essential.

Posted by
15847 posts

Most likely we will purchase Duomo and Academia Gallery in advance.

fsg89, I saw that you intend to visit the Uffizi as well, and that you're going in June. There should be no "most likely" regarding advance tickets during high season: definitely buy them as the ticket lines at both Uffizi and Accademia are going to be very, very long. You do that here:

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx

Other museums will not have long lines (or lines at all) so you can choose to visit them or not once you're there.

Posted by
11613 posts

One museum that you should visit if you have time is Museo di Dan Marco, just up the via Ricasoli from the Accademia. Never a line, and beautiful frescoes in the Friars' cells (upstairs) and in the common areas (downstairs).