Please sign in to post.

Florence restaurants

We are staying at the Casa Dei Tintori B & B in Florence in two weeks. Dinner suggestions would be most welcome!!

Posted by
1883 posts

We simply asked the person at the front desk for some recommendations --asking for a place he/she would go to dinner, not a place that tourists go. Had a wonderful meal at a Chinese restaurant and at Il Due Aqua (I think that was the name) Nothing was very far. The hotel supplied us with a map and marked the place for us.

Posted by
1540 posts

Just returned from Florence. I found several family run small places near the Bargello Museum. Walking around this area and near the Teatre Verde are some wonderful cafes and restaurants. Sorry can't remember the names of my favorites.
But we walked back the next night to try another.

Posted by
415 posts

Trattoria Osteria Da Que' Ganzi Via Ghibellina 70/rosso | Zona Santa Croce - Centro storico, 50122 Florence, Italy
0039-055-2260010 Good food, personal service from the owner.

Posted by
1540 posts

I realize your are probably no longer in Florence, but I remembered the name of the restaurant I recommended above.
La Maremma, on Via Verdi - near Teatre Verdi. There is a good review on tripadvisor with photos.

Posted by
1825 posts

Someone should write a book with things like restaurant recommendations for travelers. I bet that would be really useful.

Posted by
3954 posts

Frances and all. Aqua al due actually has a second restaurant in downtown San Diego! We go there every time we are in San Diego and of course we occasionally get to the original one in Florence.

Posted by
282 posts

Richard, Elizabeth Minchilli has an app for that - Eat Florence (also one for Rome). Very helpful!

Posted by
32767 posts

Someone should write a book with things like restaurant recommendations for travelers. I bet that would be really useful. You know what, Richard. I have an idea... if they did that they could include hotels they have checked and recommend, even descriptions of, say, walking tours. Maybe even a map of the area. What do you think? Should we give it a try?

Posted by
9110 posts

Nigel, you and Richard are the biggest dolts I've ever seen. Prices will go up, quality will nose-dive........the whole digging sky will fall in.

Posted by
15174 posts

I also think we should have a section on eateries only, organized by area. Susan if you still get on line on this one I'll give you a couple of suggestions very close to your B&B in Corso Tintori. (from cheap to more expensive): Trattoria Anita: via del Parlascio, 2 I'cche c'e' c'e': via Magalotti 11-red Acqua al 2: via della vigna vecchia 40-red Le Colonnine: via de'Benci 6 They are all within 5 min. walk from your B&B. STREET NUMBERING RULES IN FLORENCE: Residences have black numbers Business have red numbers The two are separate numerations. Streets parallel to the Arno river: numbers grow in the direction of the Arno water flow (from East to West) Streets perpendicular to the Arno: numbers grow as you get farther from the river. Even numbers on the right, Odd numbers on the left.
Piazzas: numbers grow clock wise starting from the street that takes you to the Arno river. Yes, the Arno river rules in Florence.

Posted by
100 posts

I don't know which part of the city your B&B is in, but we had one of best and fanciest meals along the banks of the Arno River at: "Golden View - Open Bar" at VIA DE' BARDI 54-64. While we waited for a seat, we were served prosecco, there is a live jazz band, seating beside the large river-view windows, the service was impeccable and the food - delicioso!