Please sign in to post.

Florence Restaurants

Anyone have suggestions for good, moderately priced spots. Most “good” places seem expensive and need reservations. The city is packed - shoulder to shoulder. Silly me, thinking this was shoulder season. Not the way to put that. We are hear for a week and so far sent us to Cipola Rossa. Very nice in th €10-25 range. Any suggestions would be great.
Thanks

Posted by
5697 posts

Our favorite is Self Service Leonardo (should be in RS book) -- basic, inexpensive cafeteria-style meals in a low-budget setting a few blocks from the Baptistry. If you get there when a tour group arrives, it's crowded but otherwise comfortable.

Posted by
1507 posts

If you are around Palazzo Pitti, Osteria Toscanella was quite good and moderately priced at lunch time (ask if they have a day menu at reduced price before choosing from the list). Another moderately priced place is the restaurant/rosticceria/pizzeria/take out in front of the S. Felice church (restaurant on the upper floor).

Posted by
8094 posts

We too ate upstairs at Leonardo's. Basic food and good for the money.

Posted by
5 posts

Trattoria Sabitino. Inexpensive, not fancy, food is very good. It is by the big San Frediano gate. Via Pisana 2/r

Posted by
1929 posts

Ciro and Sons on via del Giglio. My fave is calamara alla Amalfitana--squid with wide noodles. Tremendous! They also do gluten-free very well.

Posted by
11 posts

Thank you all. We discovered Trattoria ZaZa walking by and may try this evening and will report back. Near Mercator Centrale.

Posted by
1206 posts

I've eaten at Trattoria ZaZa three times. Twice it was quite good; once it was "meh." Hopefully your experience will be good, also. They do book up in high season (which is much of the time), so wouldn't hurt to either go early, or to make a dinner reservation, or you may have a bit of a wait.

Posted by
33 posts

We spent 4 days in Florence - 2 with the Rick Steves tour, and 2 on our own. I loved the sandwiches at Il Fratellini...found a spot of eat on a nearby street and returned my wine glass after! A few blocks away is another porchetta place - Antica Porchetteria Granieri 1916. We didn't get a chance to eat here, but the long lines indicated it was popular! Both of these places are inexpensive for lunch out. We shared a great meal at Toto, near the Ponte Vecchio and a more expensive, but worth it, dinner on the terrace overlooking the Ponte Vecchio - Signorvino. We wandered around the oltroarno and ended up eating a great meal overlooking the Piazza Santa Spirito...8 euros for a drink and the buffet. They kept bringing out more dishes and all were excellent. It was called, Cabiria Lounge Bar. Hope these help!! Enjoy Florence!