Please sign in to post.

Florence Parking

We are coming from south of the city, any suggestions on parking on that side of Florence?

Posted by
9110 posts

No.

A better way might be to google up a sketch of the Florence ZTLs. You'll see that there's a big chunk out of the pie in the WNW quadrant. Now set google maps in another window so it shows the same area.

You'll see that the way down that section of pie from the outer circumference lies just to the southwest side of the train tracks leading into the city. Work your way gently down this corridor clinging to the southwest side of the train station. There are a bunch of parking garages just across the street from the side of the station.

This is about as close as you can get from any direction and will put you less than a mile from the center of the city. There are bus stops all around the station, but I have no idea how the routes work.

You'll see ZTL signs, but they're easy to spot since they're a form of the standard 'do not enter' sign (red circle). The look of the street into the ZTL will also change, be aware of it. Just don't drive past the signs and you'll be fine.

Posted by
9110 posts

Nuts!

My wife just read what I wrote above and says that way is only what I try to do and it's only worked a couple of times. I have been told to fess up and write what usually happens:

Plow ahead at full speed until you braille-find a ZTL sign dead ahead. Turn either left or right and skirt the ZTL on whatever main artery you find yourself until you find a parking lot (they're all over the place on the periphery of the ZTLs). Park and walk.

And her direct quote: 'remeber where you left the car this time, butt-head'.