Please sign in to post.

Florence Museums

How much time should I allow for each? And does Bargello have early access for fast entry tickets?
Which one should I hit first in morning?

Posted by
5347 posts

I'm not sure how to answer that. Everyone has a different interest in museums. Some could spend all day in a place like the Uffizi or Piti Palace. For others an hour is too much. Some museums, even for museum lovers only need an hour. Others need much more to do them justice.

As for which ones to do first, again it depends. How many days are you there for? Which ones are of most interest to you? And most important, what times are your timed entries? You need to work the others around these. Having said that, check the regular hours of each. There are a couple that close early in the day.
Not sure what you mean by early entry or fast entry tickets, but on our visits we haven't encountered long entry lines at the Bargello.

Posted by
23574 posts

What ever you would normally do in a similar facility in the US. Every time we are in New York my wife wants to spend a day in the Metro Museum of Art. An hour is my limit but try to compromise at a half day. She could live there. When we are in similar museums in Europe we tend to find a guide who will give us a highlight tour by pointing out the significant holdings. A couple hours to three is generally enough.

Posted by
59 posts

Brian,
We like museums but wouldn't say we are going to be the type to linger longer than necessary (so take my advice from that standpoint). Rick has audio tours for the Accademia, Uffizi and Bargello museums which give you the highlights of what you need to see rather than everything the museum has to offer. Did this at the Louvre in Paris and we were in and out in around 3 hours.

You definitely will want to get a timed ticket for the Accademia and Uffizi (you need a time now even if you purchase a Firenze card). The Bargello is not as crowded so you will not need to get a reservation in advance.

We are doing the Accademia and Uffizi first thing in the morning on successive days and I would definitely recommend that. If you have only one day do one first thing and the other towards the end of the day to avoid the crowds.

As far as your first question we are planning an hour at the Accademia and Bargello and two hours at the Uffizi.

Hope that helps!