Please sign in to post.

Florence Museum pass

I read somewhere that I can purchase, on line, a museum pass for the Uffizi, Accademia, and Medici Palace in Florence. Any suggestions where on line?

Posted by
864 posts

I think you may be talking about the Florence Card (o/a 50Euros). Good for 72 hours from time/date of first use (not purchase time but actual first use). Covers all the sites mentioned, the add on exhibits that you probably aren't interested in anyway plus a lot of other museums (don't miss the Museum of Precious Stones - around the corner from the Accademia). Allows you to enter via the "reservations only" line. At the Uffizi you might have to wait awhile (they only allow so many in at a time) but you'll skip that hours long line to buy tickets. Must be picked up in Florence (door #2 at the Uffizi but easier to buy at Museum of Santa Maria Novella near the train station). You can buy a voucher on line (www.firenzecard.it) but it must be redeemed at one of the covered sites or an IT. Waste of time. The frienzecard site will inform you of what it covers etc.

Posted by
47 posts

I wouldn't worry about buying it online. It's a physical card that you'll still have to pick up when you get there. They sell them at Tourist Info offices and at the museums/sites themselves. I got off the train in Florence, crossed the plaza, and went straight to the TI to get mine. And it worked great. We skipped a line at the Uffizi and a really long line at the Accademia. Just walk right up to the start of any line, show them your Florence Card, and they'll let you right it. They really treat you like a VIP. The Card itself is good at about 60 different places, which are most sites you'd see, excluding most churches (duomo, duomo museum, santa croce, etc.) You'll get a nice booklet and map that shows everything that's covered.

Posted by
32905 posts

There are only two museums to see in Florence My personal experience differs with that statement, to a factor of about 10.

Posted by
9110 posts

Me too. In fact, the History of Science Museum and the National Museum pretty much beat those other two that everybody knocks themselves out over.

Posted by
3 posts

You may be referencing the "Uffizi family pass" which allows you to have both priority and free entry. It is the equivalent to the US "friends of the museum" in the Bay Area that allows for free entry into sister museums. You can look up online the other museum but I believe that the 3 you listed are included.

Posted by
17 posts

the Firenze card is a great tool to have. Not only you save money but you save time as no line to enter museums. I purchased it on line for our trip last summer and picked it up at Pallacio vecchio, which was a great way to soak in the ambiance. It does covers sites that otherwise you would not go to but which are worth it. I really like to plan so to do the most without wasting time or killing myself. MAking sure the pass was waiting for us was my way of handling things. (we are a family of 4 so really no time can be wasted on little things)
also if I remember correctly, it gives you access to public transport (bus and electric bus), which was great as we parked our car outside and took the bus ( we stayed in a villa in tuscany)

Posted by
11 posts

I initially was not going to purchase the firenze card because of the price, but when I went to reserve tickets for the Uffizi and Accademia (this August) the tickets with special exhibits were 15 euro's for each museum. I figure when you add the price of the Pitti palace, Medicci chapel, Bargello, and San Marco Musuem the pass is a good buy. I like the flexibility the card offers by not being bound to a certain schedule.