Please sign in to post.

Florence lodging

Hello all, I will be in Florence in early December and I need to find a good hostel to stay at; any ideas? All advice is appreciated.

Ellis

Posted by
140 posts

Yes, I thought Archi Rossi Hostel was the best of more than 10 I stayed in during a longish trip to Europe last year. Close to the train station, walkable to everywhere, close to a laundromat/washateria and any routine shopping you might need. Best of all there's the best hostel breakfast ever, with dishes that appeal to various types of travelers. Another of the great features, a private outdoor area, won't be so appealing in December, but maybe you will get lucky and have a warm day. Also there is a vertical locker where you can actually hang a few garments, another thing very rare in hostels. Use hostelworld.com to look at the reviews of this and other hostels, and you can book there too.

Posted by
3857 posts

A friend and I stayed at Hotel Davanzati in 2015, which is about a 10-minute walk from the train station. We loved it. Family owned. Great breakfast. Reasonable price for the area. Laundry service (!) so we could be out doing things while someone else did our laundry (though the service was not so cheap, as I recall). Three-minute walk to Piazza della Signoria. I would definitely stay there again.