Ok so we (just me and hubby) are planning on going to Florence June 8-June 13th

Need help with itinerary...

Maybe a day trip somewhere?
Must do/see excursion?

Open to anything....

Thank you so much in advance :)

Posted by
11658 posts

Not knowing your interests, have you looked through Rick Steves’ guidebook for Florence? He lists a lot of sights and activities including day trips so you can tune in to what appeals to you. We can help with fine-tuning but without knowing what you like, this si a very broad question.

Posted by
16396 posts

Hi Jessica -
Echoing Laurel's wise advice, nothing at all is a must-do unless it is for you. Spending quality time with some guidebooks (check your local library) is the very best start for making a list of attractions and day trips which appeal. In addition, this is a very good website for a browse through the many riches Florence has to offer and what they're about so spend some time with it too? It's possible some details, such as hours, might not be completely accurate (it's not uncommon for things like that to change on short notice) but the bulk of the info should be current.

https://www.visitflorence.com

Happy reading! And do come back once you have an idea of what you wish to see/do and any specific questions you may have about them. We loved Florence; there's SO much to explore there if you enjoy art, architecture and history! :O)

Posted by
1059 posts

It can be hot, humid and crowded while you are there so the first thing I would do is get time specific entrances to the big things on your to do list. Standing in line is not my idea of a vacation. How much art do you want to see? The Accademia (David) is very important, and crowded. The opera del duomo is my favorite - it is also pretty much 'line-free.' The Bargello is also 'line-free' and very wonderful. Make your list - RS gives some good advice especially about tickets and crowds.

Day trips? I love Siena. In fact for the past few years I stay in Siena and day trip to Florence. Lucca is another destination for an experience that is quite different from many other cities. Cinque Terre and Pisa? Those are doable too but remember there will be crowds especially in Cinque Terre.

Posted by
245 posts

I loved Florence, but there are so many options, it would be really best if we knew what you liked, don't like, etc, and if you have any special needs (mobility issues, etc).