Please sign in to post.

Florence Italy

I am searching for a reasonable hotel/B&B in Florence. No car. I would like something which is clean and safe, as I will be traveling with my 16 year old granddaughter.
Thanks.

Posted by
1510 posts

Try Hotel Bretagna. They have their own web site and are also on booking.com. It's on the Arno river near Ponte Trinita and Ponte Vecchio. Walking distance to everything and clean and safe. They have a range of room sizes and prices. Stayed there in 2009 and would stay again if we every get back to Florence.

Posted by
32821 posts

What's "reasonable"? What that means to me or other posters may different to what you mean. Have you looked at Rick's recommendations in either the Florence or Italy book? There are lots of ideas there, and good descriptions with prices.

Posted by
186 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Maxim in Florence in September. It is basic with helpful staff and a great location...quite close to the Duomo.

Posted by
1003 posts

I loved B&B La Dimora del Centro - nearly perfect in every way and very reasonable (85 euros) when I booked in advance online.

Posted by
16 posts

We (family with two teens) stayed at the Hotel Maxim this past summer. Very centrally located - you can walk to everything, clean, and helpful staff.

Posted by
129 posts

katti house...close to everything...listed in rick's book

Posted by
174 posts

Mario's is a block from the train station and is very nice, on a small quiet street near busier streets. There are some decent restaurants within a block. We also had a good experience at Cimabue's, which is beyond Convento San Marco, but it may be a little too far from the center for you.

Posted by
1 posts

We are staying in a wonderful B&B It is the Locanda dei Chiompi. It has a large room, breakfast and is central to everything. Only 4 rooms and has 2 locked doors to get into the place. Very secure.