Please sign in to post.

Florence Hotels

Thank you for your help with my previous questions. I have reserved hotel in Rome and now am planning my Florence visit. I know Residenza Il Villino has had good reviews from this helpline. I also am considering Il Guelfo Bianco and Hotel dei Macchiaioli (close to Accademia). Has anyone stayed at these last two and had good/bad experiences? Thanks so much!

Posted by
1174 posts

Go to tripadvisor.com, Rome forum, and search for those hotels. You will find evaluations from recent travelers on each.

Posted by
1203 posts

If you have not done so, it would be a good idea to buy the RS Italy guide book and check out the hotel section for Florence. Then you can see what hotels are listed. Also don't forget to make your museum reserations for the Accademia and other museums in Rome and Florence. I know this is not your question, but hope it helps. If the two hotels in Florence are RS recommended then you can check this site as people on the site do say if they liked the hotels or not. Almost anywhere you stay in Florence is a good location becasue Florence is small and you will walk every where. I stayed twice in Florence on the RS tours and we stayed by the Ponte Vecchio bridge and that was great location. Have a great trip.

Posted by
672 posts

We stayed at the Hotel dei Macchiaioli in March 2011 and had a very good experience. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful, breakfast was great, and the location was excellent (short walk to the Duomo, Accademia, etc.). The hotel is actually located on the second floor of a former palace and has frescoed ceilings. We would definitely stay there again.

Posted by
36 posts

Dear BC: We are going to Italy-Rome/Florence/Venice beginning Sept 10 and have booked the Il Guelfo Bianco. I am hoping it turns out to be ok-all the Tripadvisor reviews are favorable. If you are going after Sept, I can let you know my thoughts. Holly

Posted by
15 posts

Thank you all for your suggestions. I have made my reservations, so we'll see! I'm going to be in Italy, it will be great (still can't believe it)! Holly, guess what? I also picked Il Guelfo Bianco due to reviews. Since we are going in August, I can let you know!

Posted by
267 posts

We stayed at the Hotel Europa this April. It was charming and the owners delightful,genuinely warm and friendly.. Location could not be beat, just 2/3 blocks from the Duomo.. Price was pleasing ,also.

Posted by
198 posts

I also stayed at the Hotel Europa, some 5 years ago. It was wonderful then, and I'm glad to hear that it is still a good experience. I highly recommend this family-run hotel. Good breakfasts, great location, mosaic in the dining room. Lovely. The family is wonderful, very helpful, and when I was there, had a free computer to use in the lobby for internet access. Love that, as I am cell-phone challenged!