Please sign in to post.

Florence Hotel Recommendation

I think (???) I've narrowed my hotel search in Florence to Residenza Il Villino, Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti or Hotel Perseo. I need a triple room. Would like to walk to most sights and have the majors close by, have a bit of ambiance at the hotel and friendly staff. How do these look?

Posted by
59 posts

I can't vouch for the availability of a triple room, but I have stayed at Residenza Il Villino several times and will keep going back. Great place.

Posted by
1170 posts

I've seen on TripAdvisor.com that Il Villino is excellent. If you want something right in the thick of things, try the Il Salotto di Firenze. It is a B & B right in front of the Baptistry and Duomo (above the Gucci store). http://www.ilsalottodifirenze.it/en/index.php Their rooms are quite nice, it's very centrally located, and very reasonably priced. I stayed there last May and I am going back this May.

Posted by
59 posts

Where's Carl - we need to make this an all Dallas thread!

Posted by
113 posts

I stayed with a tour at the Plaza Lucchesi last summer - just heard that they were having great sales, don't know any details but a friend said 140 €
a night. Prime location right on the Arno with Uffizi right around the corner and the Ponte Vecchio just up the street. It is a real hotel as opposed to B&B, etc. and not a place I'd normally stay, being a good Rick budget traveler. But sure loved the location and the breakfasts

Posted by
3 posts

I too, am looking for a triple for Late April. will be interested in what you decide. When are you going?

Posted by
6 posts

Thanks to all who have made suggestions. i have reserved the Villino mostly due to the 100% recommendation from TripAdisor as well as this site....now if could only figure rome and venice.

Posted by
255 posts

I know that Residenza Giotto has a triple room as we stayed in it last October (double bed and a single and I think the double was 2 twins pushed together). Highly recommend this bed and breakfast. Has an elevator and a terrace that overlooks the Duomo. Easy to find from the train station as it is right around the corner from the Duomo. Stand in front of the Gucci shop and it is the big (and I do mean big) wooden door to the right.