Please sign in to post.

Florence Hotel?

Gentle greetings, all you experienced travelers. I look forward to your recommendations of a hotel in Florence. Wish list: easy to get to, near major attractions, rea$onable rate$, quiet, bathroom with room. Thanks! Catherine
P.S. Anything I shouldn't miss seeing while I'm there?

Posted by
247 posts

Hotel Il Bargellino..Carmel will obtain museum reservations for you in Florence, the service is fee

Posted by
1539 posts

Check Hotel Bretagna. It's on the Arno near Ponte Trinita and Ponte Vecchio and easy walking distance to most sights and to the train station. They have a variety of rooms. They have their own website and are also on booking.com. So many don't misses - Academia, Uffizi for the David and art, the Duomo, Sta. Croce, mercato centrale, Piazzale Michelangelo (for the view) are some we enjoyed. We were there in March 2009 for five days and loved it. Have a great time.

Posted by
7737 posts

Is this your first time in Florence? Do you have the RS Florence/Tuscany book for 2011 or at least the Italy 2011 book? If not, they're the perfect starting point. And it will help if you define "reasonable" in specific dollar or euro amounts. After all, no one wants lodging with "unreasonable" rates. :-) Good luck.