Please sign in to post.

Florence hotel

I will be in Florence over Easter holiday and need to find a reasonable, well located hotel for 4 nights for myself, husband, and two sons, 20 & 24. Given the holiday timing, I am eager to book something soon. Any suggestions for a good hotel with quad or apartment accomodations?

Posted by
104 posts

I stayed at De'Benci B&B in Florence. It is close to Santa Croce. It was the nicest place we stayed during our 2 weeks in Italy. Price was very reasonable. We stayed in a large double, but I think it also had an adjoining room. I highly recommend it!

http://www.debencisuite.com

Posted by
7209 posts

I recommend the Residenza Il Villino - wonderful people and affordable hotel.

Posted by
2337 posts

Try Hotel Accademia http://www.accademiahotel.net/en/index.htm
I stayed here on a RS tour and it was very centrally located, nice staff, a bit noisy due to central location (earplugs!). They have quad rooms for 120 E per night and you can book online.

Posted by
22 posts

I agree with Tim. Spent 8 nights at Il Villino in September and it is a fantastic 9 room hotel, very good location, very nice rooms and the owners are the nicest people you could ever meet. They go out of their way to help with reservations, and recommendations.

Posted by
192 posts

Husband and I, and our grown daughter and her hubby, stayed at the Hotel Silla in Florence in the spring of '06 and we all liked it very much. Nice area, quiet (unless there's a wedding reception there), very friendly/helpful staff, fantastic breakfasts, walking distance to many things we wanted to see.

Posted by
7209 posts

We couldn't believe how cheap the Residenza Il Villino was compared to other hotels in Florence. We figured that it must be way out of the tourist sights and require lots of walking. But when we arrived we were dead wrong. Everything was clean, Sergio and Elizabeth were like family to us, the sites were in EASY walking distance...the Accademia was just around the corner from us.

Posted by
101 posts

I realize this is after your trip, but we just returned from Italy and we stayed at the Tourist House Ghiberti while in Florence. I cannot recommend this place enough! This B & B is located about a block and a half from the Duomo. Each room has a flat screen tv, a computer with internet access (free), dvd's to borrow (free) a lovely little courtyard and a delicious breakfast. Plus a/c that worked really well! The bathroom was huge - incl. tub and separate shower, The technical updates were a refreshing change, but it still had the charm of a centuries-old building in central Florence. Also an 8% discount for cash payment.

Posted by
160 posts

Carmen,

We stayed at a lovely hotel called Hotel Balcony. It is located just down the street from the Duomo and about a 5 minute walk from the train station. It is safe, clean, reasonably priced and the staff is wonderful. they do have a website.