Please sign in to post.

Florence Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Degli Orafi? I am planning to visit a week in April 2011 and this hotel "looks" very nice.

Posted by
7737 posts

Have you looked on tripadvisor.com for reviews? Good luck.

Posted by
32 posts

Yes, I have read many reviews. I am trying to confirm my decision. Always looking for a primary source.

Posted by
362 posts

Never stayed there, but I live in Florence, and that location is great to me. I would be concerned whether the room is right on the street side or not - it can be a little noisy there probably - so if you need or want really quiet that could be a factor (but if it is you may have a view of the Arno, or at least of the Vasari Corridor). At night I think that street is pretty low traffic though as it is in the ZTL. From this location you can walk almost anywhere you would want to visit in 15 minutes.

Posted by
32 posts

Will the markets, museums and shops be closed the week before Easter?

Posted by
1003 posts

Jeanie, I have had very good luck on tripadvisor private messaging reviewers of hotels who took the time to write really detailed or good reviews. I've asked them if there's anything else I should be aware of that they didnt mention in their reviews, etc., and I almost always get a friendly response. If no one here has first-hand experience to offer, you could try doing that, or posting in/searching the florence TA forum.