Please sign in to post.

Florence Hotel

We are going on a Rick Steves tour, and need a hotel the day before the start of the tour since the one we're staying for the tour is already booked.. Any suggestions of hotels near the Santa Maria Novella Train Station would be welcomed....

Posted by
3112 posts

Try Hotel Il Bargellino. It's a fairly short walk from the train station in a quiet neighborhood, and the owners Carmel and Pino are wonderful hosts. Note that there's no breakfast or TV, just in case those are very important to you.

Posted by
1078 posts

Our favorite is the Hotel Delle Telle which is also near the station. Charlie is a terrific host and it has a nice breakfast and free internet. You can check it out on Trip Advisor.

Posted by
833 posts

I enjoyed Hotel California last year. It is within walking distance of SMN, was clean with really nice rooms for the price, good breakfast, and is quite close to the Duomo.

Posted by
32 posts

We stayed at Soggiorno Battistero (on the Duomo square) and loved it. It's walking distance to the train station, has an excellent breakfast (more substantial than most of our breakfasts in Italy), the owners are wonderful, and the location can't be beat. (The windows on the front rooms look directly at the baptistry).

Posted by
13 posts

Hotel Alessandra, right next to the Ponte Vecchio and a short walk from SMN.It's in the heart of it all and gets great TA reviews.

Posted by
8680 posts

Hotel Accademia unless it's hosting the tour and already booked.

Posted by
515 posts

Hotel Rosso23. It is a 3 star hotel, 100 meters from Santa Maria Novell and starts at 62 Euros per night.

Posted by
47 posts

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at B&B Il Bargello last summer. We walked to and from the train station and it took between 10 and 15 minutes. The B & B is centrally located and Gabriella was a wonderful hostess.