Please sign in to post.

Florence

Hello fellow travlers, I know this is a tired topic here, but I am traveling to Florence in Aug/Sept and will be renting a car, I am looking for advice on parking, not necessarily within walking distance, as I won't be using it every day, but near the MSNsuites.
Thanks for any help!

Posted by
10344 posts

It would help if you could give the URL or street address (either one) of the MSNsuites - then we could give a better answer.

Posted by
10344 posts

Ok, we're on it now. This might take a little back and forth. First, have you already determined that your lodging does not provide overnight parking?

Posted by
7 posts

Parking for only 7 cars, first come/first serve

Posted by
10344 posts

The 7 car thing is not something you want to rely on. Or, at least, you want to develop a Plan B. Your lodging is inside the Historic Center by a few blocks. That makes overnight parking more challenging. First, let me ask: Q: Do you have the Rick Steves book, Florence & Tuscany?
there's a reason I'm asking, and no, we don't require that for answering your question :)

Posted by
10344 posts

If you would prefer to continue this not on the public part, you could send me a "PM", just click on the Send Private Message. Either way is fine.

Posted by
7 posts

My plan is to pick it up in Rome, drive to Florence for 3 weeks and return it to Pisa.

Posted by
10344 posts

Good! you're not picking up in Florence, that's one potential headache eliminated. In Rick's Florence book, he gives specific advice on overnight parking in Florence. He might repeat that advice in the Florence section of the Italy book. Suggest you check the Florence section of the Italy book, I don't have mine handy. You would be checking to see if he gives, in the Italy book, specific advice on where to park overnight in Florence. Go ahead and check, I'll go take a little break with a glass of Italian vino, while you do that. Let us know what you find in the Italy book.

Posted by
10344 posts

Note: The OP wanted parking in Florence for a month. I suggested she go to the Florence forum of another site, where she is more likely to find locals, we only have one local here that I know of.

Posted by
7 posts

Kent,
I sent a pm, but maybe you didn't get it, what site did you recommend? Rick's books says to use the city lots.

Posted by
10344 posts

Debra: I got your PM (2 of them, actually), and sent 2 PM's to you, about 1/2 hour ago. To see PM's, you have to be Signed In (which you probably already are) and then you click My Profile in the upper right corner of the webpage. Let me know if you were able to read my PM's.