Please sign in to post.

Florence

Feedback on this. We have been to Florence once before so this a return trip. Fly out of NYC on a Wed evening, arrive Thursday AM in Milan, train to Florence. Florence Thursday afternoon/evening, Friday,Saturday,Sunday. Monday morning in Florence, afternoon train to Milan. Stay overnight in Milan, fly home Tuesday morning. Too much?

Posted by
3122 posts

I take it you got a bargain on a flight to Milan? Otherwise I would wonder why you're not flying in and out of Florence for such a short stay. I think you are wise to spend the night before departure in Milan, presumably near the airport.

Your itinerary would be too much if you were trying to add day trips outside of Florence. As it is, although it might not be my choice (I'd try to wait until a time when I had more days to spend on the ground in Europe), I think it can work.

Posted by
15466 posts

Your plan looks good to me.

The previous commenter mentioned that if you could fly in and out of Florence, that would be good because you can even spend the last night in Florence and also save time and money for the transfer to Milan (€69 each way per person in train fare + one hotel stay in Milan). However the drawback would be that Florence has no direct flights to North America therefore you would need one layover somewhere in Europe. Also air tickets to Florence are always more expensive than Rome or Milan, therefore total transportation costs would not be cheaper than flying to Milan. Rather, check the prices to Rome, instead to Milan. Prices between Milan and Rome don’t differ much and reaching Florence from Rome via train is faster.