Please sign in to post.

florence

my friends and i are going to florence in a couple of days and we were wondering if there are any cheap hostels that you would recommend. thanks.

Posted by
390 posts

Instituto Gould - beautiful building just across the river on a quiet street. About 15 min. walk to the train station. Our room was very clean and had a beautiful view. Highly recommended.
http://www.istitutogould.it/ and click on "foresteria"

€58 for a double w/private bath, €52 with shared bath
Also have triples and quads for about €21-25/person.

Posted by
576 posts

Our family also loved Istituto Gould, and thought it was a fine value for expensive Florence. The building had a lovely, ancient character and was in a nice area. The walk along the river to the hotel was lovely. Highly recommended.

Posted by
127 posts

"siggiorno pitti"..across the "pitti" GREAT location;internet cafe 2 doors down, the small piazza w/ KILLER gelato/restaurant RS reccomended..., 2 blocks, short walk over the "bridge " to Uffizi.i think it was 25 eu.clean,secure..nice lady runs it, an Aussie, so there are a lot of kids from austrailia...SUGGESTION:u didn't mention WHEN u are gonna be there..i was in may, and the BEST way to "beat the tourists" was to get up and OUT by 7am..deserted but for the locals setting up/opening shops..delightful.