Please sign in to post.

Florence Cooking Class

We are traveling to Florence next May and my girlfriend
would like to take a one or two hour cooking class for
the experience-any suggestions-thank you...Mike

Posted by
66 posts

deeganm,
We attended a cooking class this past May while on an RS tour in Florence.
In Tavola cooking courses, Tel / Fax +39055217672. ( number from their brochure)
We really enjoyed the class. Got to make 5 separate items from appetizer to desert.
After cooking everything we all went to the basement dining room, great atmosphere, and ate our creations along with plenty of good wine.
Enjoy,
Gene

Posted by
57 posts

We took the same class in a June RS trip to Florence. It was nice. The instructors were good and the lunch afterwards in the basement was nice.

It's also very close to the Pitti Palace.

Thanks,
Kevin

Posted by
18 posts

i'm still here in itlay and we did the one from florencetown tours and you get a 10% rick steves discount too. that by far was the best one. we ended up booking another florencetown tour as well. in the cooking class, we made tiramisu, fresh pasta (ravioli and tagiatele) and had few bottles of wine. i highly recommend it!

Posted by
3 posts

Can you give some idea of the prices for these classes? I travel a lot in Italy and have taken classes in Rome, but want to expand my knowledge in other cities. The regional variation in cuisine seems significant.

Thanks,
Glenn K (Fork on the Road)

Posted by
109 posts

Our family went to Cook Eat Italian for our cooking class in Florence. There were 6 of us ranging in age from 18 to 55 and it was the highlight of the trip for all of us and we had a lot of experiences. We found it on Tripadvisor and Manuela did not disappoint. If you want an intimate experience look them up. cookeatitalian.com You won't regret it.