Please sign in to post.

Florence Attractions

We are traveling to Florence, staying from Sept. 21-29. I went online to check out details on the Accademia and Uffizi Art Gallery, and they said they are closed until further notice. Is this accurate?

Posted by
15806 posts

I don't see any indication of closures either. Be sure you're using the official websites Nigel and Valadelphia have very helpfully provided. I also looked at the b-ticket site (the official ticket seller for Florence's State Museums, like the Uffizi, Accademia, etc. The museums' websites link you to it when ready to buy.) and i wouldn't have problems booking tickets for next month.

http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default_eng.aspx

Posted by
68 posts

Hey @dshannon2:

We’ll be in Florence same time as you, we’re so excited!
Hoping these places are open as well, we’ve already bought tickets..
Look for me in Florence… I’ll be the one with a map in my hand looking totally bewildered and out of place… dragging my hubby along and him refusing to ask for directions. 🤣🤣 Just kidding ..

Happy Travels!

Posted by
85 posts

Both museums are open with scheduled time slots to enter. Yes go to official websites. Remember that both museums are closed on Monday. Look in your RS guide book as it will list recommended tour companies for each city. Depending how often you'll want to visit the museums you can either sign up for a membership or for the Uffizi get the passport. They have a 5 day pass which you can use to get into the Uffizi first and then on other days go to the Pitti, Boboli Gardens etc.

Personal preference for me with these museums is get a time slot for the morning. I made a mistake of not scheduling a city walking tour first before we go to the Uffizi. Most tours of the city our morning tours I discovered. Most likely we'll just listen to RS audio tour when we get there because of our arrive date and time. Also the Firenze pass is not being sold right because of Covid. But also it's valid for only 3 days so you would have to rush to see lots of things to warrant the cost.

Don't get me wrong I love docents and museum tours but most of the tours I've seen listed for Firenze only spend a short time in the museums. I say find a walking tour that doesn't do the museums (again my opinion) and then do the two museums separately purchasing audio headsets. I don't want to rush in the museums. I believe your there in Florence for a week so I'd say sign up for a Tuscany tour of Siena, San Gimignano etc. I've discovered some cooking schools where they teach people how to make pizza or pasta which would be fun if it can be done socially distanced
Lastly and I just learned this less than a week ago but don't use Viatar to go on any tours. They're a 3rd party business. Avventurra Belissima, Take Walks, Roman Guys tours are some names of companies people suggested. I'm going in Oct so I just figured this stuff out. Oh one last thing there's a website where you can book private tours if you want. I forget the name. Hope this helps. Have fun.