Please sign in to post.

Florence Apartments

My husband and I would like to base out of Florence next summer 2014 and wondered if anyone could suggest an apartment in the area? We would like to find a 2 bedroom as once we tell our family what we are doing, I am sure we will have visitors! Thanks!

Posted by
105 posts

Try Initaly online. Clink under lodging, pick a city, stroll down for the apartments and costs.

Posted by
130 posts

I didn't know that website! It is great! I will definitely spend time going thru what they have to offer. Thanks!

Posted by
130 posts

Thanks for the two websites. I will check them out. Have you had good success with these websites?

Posted by
1501 posts

I rented 68776 on VRBO three separate times, two bedrooms, two baths and was very happy. Santa Croce neighborhood, great location, nice apartment, and within walking distance to the sites.

Posted by
2299 posts

Some other sites to check are freereservation.com, homelidays.com, homeaway.com to name a few. It is time consuming, fun, frustrating to do the research. In the long run you will be satisfied. When you find what looks good, email owners for any questions you have. one important thing to us was: what floor and how many stairs to climb or if there was a lift. Good luck and have fun.

Posted by
130 posts

What great suggestions! Thanks so much. I had no idea there were so many websites for rentals. I will definitely explore all of them.

Posted by
1501 posts

I think homneaway and VRBO have merged. I've used them both in Europe and in the US to rent condos all over the country.

Posted by
115 posts

In May of 2012 we (2 couples) stayed in VRBO 296168. We have stayed in many apartments in Italy and Spain and this was the very best. The only downside is the 100 steps up every time you come home, so if stairs are a problem, it's maybe not your best bet. We viewed the stairs as a way to walk off the pasta! The location is prime though, about a 5 minute walk from Palazzo Vecchio.

Posted by
1501 posts

VRBO 68776 has just a few stairs, one bedroom in the front w/ensuite bath, large kitchen, living room, to the left of the living room a little alcove type bedroom with French doors that can close, outdoor garden, and second bedroom/bath off the other side of the living room. There
are only about 4 stairs as this is on the ground floor. Plenty of room for visitors, which I didn't notice the first time I read your post. 100 stairs in and out seem like a lot.

Posted by
130 posts

Donna: the apartment looks awesome! Exactly what I was looking for. And the location is perfect. I will definitely keep this one in mind when we make more definite plans.

Posted by
1501 posts

Make sure you reserve far in advance, as she is very popular! And make sure to tell Christina hi for me (I'm the one whose husband repaired her chair - she'll remember that!) Rented there three separate trips!