Please sign in to post.

Florence and Rome

I am a 'slow walker", 84..need to sit down often. I am visiting Rome and Florence with my two daughters. I use a cane at home..Should I buy a rollator walker (with seat), or rent or buy a Wheelchair for museums, etc.

Posted by
1568 posts

I am 71 and used this portable folding stool when took a 2 week tour in Israel. This tour required a lot of walking once we left the bus. I always (even at my age) use a day back pack and attach the stool with velcro to the top of my pack. Perhaps one of your daughters could carry it for you. As stated in the features, it has an attached bag which it folds into. It expands to 21 inches high and folds down to 15 inches and weighs 26 ounces. The only draw back is that it has 3 legs and you have to be careful when you initially sit down. You will have your cane. So it may be something you could think about. I did a lot of research before I bought mine....it was the lightest and folded down small. Even tho it is light...it is sturdy.

Posted by
11613 posts

Betty, I noticed that some of the larger museums have wheelchairs (I think you might need to reserve one in advance at some locations). I saw several at the Galleria Borghese.

Posted by
4152 posts

Most museums and galleries will have places for you to sit if needed. You can borrow a wheel chair at the Vatican museums on the day of your visit. Donna

Posted by
4 posts

thank you all for your replies really helpful!