Please sign in to post.

Florence Airport Hotel?

Best hotel and related airport transportation in Florence the night before a 6:50am flight. Probably leave hotel around 4 am.
Thank you in advance for suggestions. Kent & Susan

Posted by
6600 posts

Airport is so close to the center, I’d just stay in town
Taxi less than 20 min at that time of morning

That flight is not going to US so you don’t need to be there more than 1.5-2 hours prior
Desk won’t even be open

Posted by
1564 posts

Real life example: last Thursday I had a flight to Rome at 6.40am, boarding at 6.10. No baggage to check and already done the check-in online. I live relatively close the railway station and I reserved a taxi (phone the evening before to 055-4242 or 055-4390) for 5.25am. I found the car waiting for me at the exact time, actually I was two minutes late and the driver phoned me to check. I was at the airport at 5.35, went directly to security control and still had plenty of time before boarding.

Of course if you have to check-in at the airport or leave luggage you will need more time, but not much more. For a 6.50 flight I would leave at 5.00, maybe a few minutes earlier. If staying on the opposite side of the city add still more time. But there is no need to book an hotel close the airport, the railway station or Porta a Prato zones are enough.

Posted by
4458 posts

Kent and Susan, you will be amazed at how close that airport is to Florence.

Posted by
3063 posts

We took the tram from near the bus station. It was about 25 min. I don't know if it is running at that time of the morning. but once at the airport, the walk from the tram to the terminal was MAYBE 100M.

Posted by
15461 posts

Stay in the city center (city center is 3-4 miles from the airport).
Take taxi by 5:30am.
You will be at the airport before 5:50am.
You will be done with check in by 6am I promise.
You will be at the gate before 6:15 I promise.
If you want to be there earlier to have breakfast at the only coffee bar, then leave 20minutes earlier.
Florence airport is not a real airport. It is a model toy reproduction of an airport.