Please sign in to post.

Florence accommodations

We will be traveling to Florence in late September or early October. We plan to stay in the city for 7 days and take day trips. Two hotels that have been recommended to us are Hotel Botticelli and Santa Maria Novella (both ate three star hotels which is our preference). Can anyone share their experience with either of these hotels or provide alternatives? Is Santa Maria Novella too close to the train station??
Thanks for you suggestions. Pat

Posted by
1825 posts

Pat,
I am no expert since my first trip to Florence is next week however.... Google Maps is the second best travel resource you can find. It will let you look at street views of the neighborhood as well as bring up a multitude of reviews on your hotels. Also, there is a book by the same guy who hosts this forum that has extensive coverage of Florence and would be a worth while investment.

Posted by
7 posts

Richard - thansk so much for your input. I had not considered Google Map as a tool - great idea. I do have Rick's book - it is a gem. Have a good trip and thanks again.
Pat

Posted by
81 posts

We will be at the Santa Maria Novella in July. It looks quite beautiful. Will let you know how it works out.

Posted by
7 posts

Sarah - thank you so much. Have a great trip. Pat

Posted by
348 posts

We stayed at Hotel Calziouli. LIked it very much great location. Almost chose Santa Maria Novella. JUst an opinion